When it comes to entertaining, keeping it simple is still the order of the day. Keep your décor simple, add fresh, seasonal food to your menu, and embrace indoor and outdoor space for entertaining.
Some of our favourite tips for casual, outdoor entertaining:
- Choose a colour scheme; use it for flowers, table linens, candles and accessories.
- Prepare garden cocktails in advance; put them in pitchers and let people help themselves.
- Keep the party fresh by moving people around — perhaps cocktails in the garden, dinner indoors, and then dessert around an outdoor fire pit.
- Consider the weather. Outdoor fire pits and heaters not only keep guests warm, but create an inviting ambience.
Here’s a quick and easy way to enjoy nature’s beauty indoors:
1. Snip a few flower blooms, petals, and leaves.
2. Place between two clear glass plates to make an attractive place setting.
3. Beneath the glass plates use solid colour plates and linens to highlight the pretty flowers.
4. Pansies work great and are blooming right now!